Tuesday, September 8, 2020

I Can Be Anything! Don't Tell Me I Can't, written by Diane Dillon, reviewed by Judy Hauser

Summary: This is a great, inspirational book for young children, especially girls. The theme of "I can be anything" obviously applies to all children but a little girl is featured in the book. Zoe proclaims to the world that "I can be anything I want to be." She then has a conversation with her inner voice who doubts and questions her on her possible choices. When Zoe tells herself "I'm a bird. I can fly way up high, floating on the wind!" the inner voice responds, "What if you fall?" But Zoe responds with, "I won't fall." The back and forth between Zoe's confident self and her inner, doubting voice is a great way to tell this story. She counters the doubting voice every time. This book will elicit fun, interesting discussion and ideas from young listeners and readers. 

Straight Talk for Librarians: A great way to talk about positive thinking, choices and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment