Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Quick as a Cricket written by Audrey Wood, reviewed by Debra Gantz

Summary
:  A young lad discovers all the ways he is like animals in this romp through the land of similies and metaphors. The illustrations are vibrant and alive as they compare the behavior of humans to animals both well and lesser known. Audrey and Don Wood produced so many masterpieces in my lifetime and this one remains a treasured favorite.


Straight Talk for Librarians:  The pictures feel a bit muted this time around, but that could just be my memory. This book was a treasure for me in my early years of teaching 1st grade. I am not as enamoured as I was then, but it is fine for my April is Poetry Month activities and still circulates fairy well despite it being published long ago. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment