Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Rise of Herk (Nnewts #2), written by Doug TenNapel, reviewed by Debra Gantz

Summary:  Nnewts is a true series since the books end at cliffhangers and it will really be a good plan to read them in order. This is book #2 and is focused on Herk, the adorable Newt from the first story, Escape from the Lizzarks. Herk loves his new family and home in Amphibopolis. He leaves his sister and mother and goes on an adventure to learn about his brother and while away meets a new friend and witnesses a full on attach from the Lizzarks! Herc is responsible, loyal, and very smart and it is impossible to not fall for this character. I was fascinated by how smoothly the speech bubbles and illustrations work together and draw in the reader. I am not a graphic novel fan often, but this is a very good story and I will be adding this series to my two elementary school collections. I believe my upper elementary readers will love it!

Straight Talk for Librarians:  I was very impressed with this story. The story was interesting and heart-warming and the adventure has amazing details and connections. I have not recently read the first and will return to it before reading the 3rd book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment