Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Only My Dog Knows I Pick My Nose, written by Lauren Tarshis, illustrated by Lisa Bronson Mezoff, reviewed by Katy Golden

Summary:  Lauren Tarshis (I Survived) makes her picture book debut with this sweet story about the relationship between a boy and his dog. The boy is a helpful, brave, broccoli-eating, toy-sharing brother - but only his dog sees the more mischievous burping, nose-picking, wild, silly side of him. Light watercolor illustrations depict the boy and his dog on their adventures together.

Straight Talk for Librarians:  This picture book is a beautiful representation of the special relationship between people and pets, and shows a flawed but well-meaning boy whose dog "knows everything about me, and loves me all the time." Hand to young dog-lovers or read aloud as an illustration that no one is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment