Thursday, September 28, 2023

Amazon Adventure: How Tiny Fish Are Saving the World's Largest Rainforest (Scientists in the Field), written by Sy Montgomery, reviewed by Debra Gantz

Summary:  Sy Montgomery takes readers on a journey with scientists to the rainforest to learn about the tiny fish called piaba that are pivotal to the survival of the rainforest that produces most the oxygen on which we all depend. Since there is no way to travel, observe, and learn about the Amazon without learning about the people living there, culture is a key part of this book, as well.

Straight Talk for Librarians:  I plan to share this book with my middle school as I believe it will connect to the science studies in our middle school grades. Since there is no longer a National Geography Bee to prepare my students to compete in, I feel this book set in South America will find its audience elsewhere.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment