Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Everything Awesome about Space and other Galactic Facts! written by Mike Lowery, reviewed by Debra Gantz

 

Summary:  If your students like facts about space, jokes about space, and learning in a very visual way this book is for them. Each brightly colored page with a comic book feel offers all of the above items. Teachers will still have the non-fiction book parts of Table of Contents and Fact Boxes to showcase, but the delivery in this book is geared toward the readers in a delightfully appealing way that is like none other in my collection. Lowery also includes drawing guides as one of his chapters.


Straight Talk for Librarians:  This series is so visually appealing that many of my students want to read them all. (I have not bought them all yet, but I will!) From reading this series I have added some graphic novels by Mike Lowery to my library collection. I have added Everything Awesome about Sharks already and plan to add Everything Awesome about Dinosaurs in both of my elementary schools.


No comments:

Post a Comment